Adeimantus RSS Feed
Subscribe to Adeimantus RSS Feed Add Adeimantus RSS Feed to Your My Yahoo Page
Add Adeimantus RSS Feed to Your MSN Page Subscribe to Adeimantus RSS Feed in NewsGator Online

Adeimantus

Conservative Political Commentary

Quote of the Day

Lady Liberty

Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.


Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Zsa Zsa has one too many before an interview
posted by Tom

Anyone who can read what follows with a straight face is either:

a. Dead
b. A feminist
c. John Kerry

WASHINGTON - Teresa Heinz Kerry says she doesn't know if first lady Laura Bush has ever had "a real job" and suggests their different experiences help make them different people.

Laura Bush taught in public schools in Texas from 1968 to 1977, the year she married George W. Bush.

In an interview published Wednesday in USA Today, the newspaper asked the wife of Democratic candidate John Kerry if she would be different from Laura Bush as a first lady.

"Well, you know, I don't know Laura Bush. But she seems to be calm, and she has a sparkle in her eye, which is good," Heinz Kerry said. "But I don't know that she's ever had a real job — I mean, since she's been grown up. So her experience and her validation comes from important things, but different things."

Heinz Kerry said she sees her age as a benefit — she is 66 and Bush 57. "I'm older, and my validation of what I do is a little bit bigger — because I'm older, and I've had different experiences. And it's not a criticism of her. It's just, you know, what life is about," she said.

Karen Hughes, an adviser to President Bush, criticized Heinz Kerry's remarks as "indicative of an unfortunate mind-set that seeks to divide women based on who works at home and who works outside the home."
Then she sobered up:

Statement of Teresa Heinz Kerry

To: National Desk, Political Reporter
Contact: Sarah Gegenheimer of Kerry Edwards 2004, 202-464-2800

PITTSBURGH, Oct. 20 /U.S. Newswire/ -- Teresa Heinz Kerry released the following statement today:

"I had forgotten that Mrs. Bush had worked as a school teacher and librarian, and there couldn't be a more important job than teaching our children. As someone who has been both a full time mom and full time in workforce, I know we all have valuable experiences that shape who we are. I appreciate and honor Mrs. Bush's service to the country as First Lady, and am sincerely sorry I had not remembered her important work in the past."


Note the similarities in language and tone (forget syntax) between this classless slob's intial asinine insults directed at Laura Bush and her - ahem - 'apology'.

For the sake of consistency, Ms. Heinz Kerry's lackey could have at least written:

"I'm sorry, dah-links. I forgot it was so close to the election, and any stupid thing I say might keep us out of the Vite House. And vinning is very important to John because he has has never held a real job and needs bigger validation. Ve all have valuable experiences that shape who ve are. John's Viet Nam service shaped who he is. Mary Cheney's lesbianism shaped who she is. Michael Moore's eating habits shaped who he is. I know how hard it is to vork and raise a family. Some nights I was so tired from calculating my tax loopholes, I hardly had strength to tell the au pair vhat to tell the maid to tell the cook vhat he should make for dinner. I apologize to Mrs. Bush for forgetting that she once taught little Negro children in the public schools. Okay? I said it. Happy?"

posted by Tom | 10/20/2004 03:10:00 PM
Email this link to a friend
Permalink

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

<< Home