Adeimantus RSS Feed
Subscribe to Adeimantus RSS Feed Add Adeimantus RSS Feed to Your My Yahoo Page
Add Adeimantus RSS Feed to Your MSN Page Subscribe to Adeimantus RSS Feed in NewsGator Online

Adeimantus

Conservative Political Commentary

Quote of the Day

Lady Liberty

Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.


Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Gore's Gone Wild
posted by Bathus




[NOTE: (09/13/04): If you arrived here via the link on Little Green Footballs (or however you arrived here), I'm glad you found us! While you're here, please take a moment to look around at some of our more recent work. Thanks!--Adeimantus]

I confess I "enhanced" Al's picture just a little. I cribbed the original photo from the very fine blog, Little Green Footballs. (The original picture seems to have been shot when Al was giving his out-of-control speech last week to a nutty group [googlebomb alert] that can't "move on" past their anger about Clinton's impeachment.) Inspired by the obvious possibilities the photo presented, I searched the web for a suitable picture of a "fire eater" in action and then smushed the two pictures together. ("Smushed" is a technical term used by people like me who have jack formal training in graphics.) For the finishing touches, I made Al's face a little redder and his ear even more red, changed the highlighting on his bloated jowl and on the bulging forehead veins to make them slightly more pronounced, and added the devilish "redeye" effect. As novelists say, the fiction captures the truth of the reality.

posted by Bathus | 6/02/2004 05:51:00 PM
Email this link to a friend
Permalink

Post a Comment

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice pic. But you left off the smoke coming out of his ears!

3:35 AM, June 03, 2004  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank God this nut did not make it to the Presidency!

7:15 AM, June 11, 2004  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Mr. Jacobs,
Read your stunning piece in the Opinion Journal and feel that it should be required reading for every voter.
Magnificent job.....many,many thanks! Needless to say your blog has been added to my favorites as of today.

10:08 AM, August 26, 2004  
Blogger Phil Dillon, Prairie Apologist said...

Citizen Gore's picture looked vaguely familiar to me, somewhat like my homiletics professor in seminary. He was a fire breathing dragon if there ever was one.

4:09 PM, August 29, 2004  
Blogger Bathus said...

This comment is a test of my set-up to auto-forward comments to all my blogmates.

Tom, lostingotham, and SIGIAN, please let me know if you receive this.

8:01 PM, January 19, 2005  
<< Home